Green Beans and potatoes Tossed with Pesto
2 cups loosely packed fresh basil leaves (I used a whole package from Trader Joe's)
1/3 cup (about 1 1/2 ounces) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
1 tablespoon pine nuts
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 garlic clove, minced
3/4 pound green beans, trimmed and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces (I used the whole 1 lb. bag from Trader Joe's)
1 1/2 pounds red potatoes, each cut into 6 wedges
Click to see savings
PreparationCombine first 8 ingredients in a food processor; process until smooth.
Bring water to a boil in a large saucepan. Add green beans, and cook 4 minutes or until tender. Remove beans from pan with a slotted spoon, and place in a large bowl. Add potatoes to pan, and cook 6 minutes or until tender. Drain. Add pesto and potatoes to beans, and toss to coat.
Creamy Risotto with Asparagus and Peas
2 c. Arborio rice
1/4 c. olive oil
1 c. diced onion
8 c. chicken stock
1 pound asparagus cut into 2" pieces (I par-cook this)
1 c. fresh or frozen green peas
1/2 c. grated Parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
• 6 medium beets, peeled and cut into chunks
• 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
• 1 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1 teaspoon kosher salt
• 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
• 1 teaspoon sugar
• 3 medium sweet potatoes, cut into chunks
• 1 large sweet onion, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
2. In a bowl, toss the beets with 1/2 tablespoon olive oil to coat. Spread in a single layer on a baking sheet.
3. Mix the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and sugar in a large resealable plastic bag. Place the sweet potatoes and onion in the bag. Seal bag, and shake to coat vegetables with the oil mixture.
4. Bake beets 15 minutes in the preheated oven. Mix sweet potato mixture with the beets on the baking sheet. Continue baking 45 minutes, stirring after 20 minutes, until all vegetables are tender.